Promotion Analysis Techniques
Promotion is a key driver of incremental sales, as well as a point of differentiation for retailers. In this course, participants learn what promotion means for retailers, from both a marketing perspective, as well as a promotion/flyer program perspective. They learn how retailer promotion planning and execution is completed, and the things that can impact the outcome of a promotion. Promotional assessment is completed, including looking at the incrementality of the promotion, promotional price, ad space and positioning, display support, seasonality and competition. Calculations include lift factor, subsidized sales, incremental sales, correlation and regression analysis, pantry loading, cannibalization, return on investment, and breakeven point.
- Describe the differences between retailer and supplier promotional strategies and objectives;
- Quantify the best/worst promoted weeks for a given product, segment or category;
- Determine and interpret promotion measures including lift, depth, and subsidy - from both a topline perspective, as well as drilling down to specific weekly results;
- Assess promotional effectiveness using a return on investment approach;
- Calculate lift factor, subsidized sales, incremental sales, pantry loading, cannibalization, return on investment, and breakeven point; and
- Review and explain a detailed supplier profit evaluation tool.
Approximately 2.5 hours course time
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test
Training Course Videos Only, $59 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center.
- Knowledge Checks
This accredited category management training course for retailers and manufacturers qualifies for for the Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA), Certified Professional Category Manager (CPCM), and Certified Professional Strategic Advisor (CPSA) training requirements.