Space Management Fundamentals
This course gives participants the ability to strategically understand shelf space (without the technical requirements). Participants learn about different retailer shelf strategies, including how to maximize shopper friendliness, minimize out of stocks, minimize excess inventory, maximize profit mix and maximize private label placement. They also learn about the other important inputs that are required course time successful space management projects. Terms and calculations covered include linear feet, fixture sizes, facings, shelf capacity, inventory turnover, space productivity, and lost sales.
- Understand key space management metrics and drivers;
- Assess planogram performance and profitability;
- Recommend assortment and product placement changes for the planogram;
- Improve shelf productivity as it relates to inventory and space allocation;
- Identify appropriate product adjacency based on shopper needs;
- Develop space management strategy that aligns with the retailer's objectives.
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $99 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test