Pricing Strategies and Analysis Techniques
Participants will spend Part 1 of this course reviewing retailer strategies that relate to pricing, including price setting definitions, and price rules for the retailer. This includes details on how prices are set, including promotional and new product pricing, based on things like gross margin % or markup %, MSRP, competitive pricing and psychological pricing strategies. The second half of the course captures a variety of advanced pricing analytic techniques, including breakeven point, correlation and price regression, activity based costing and slope. Participants learn many different techniques used to assess retailer pricing.
- Describe different aspects of a retailer's pricing strategy;
- Explain why it is important to understand retailer's price setting definitions and price rules;
- Calculate slope and activity based costing in assessing price points;
- Explain and complete a Correlation and Price Regression analysis;
- Determine the most impactful price buckets for a given item for both regular and feature price; and
- Assess current retailer pricing as compared to the overall marketplace.
The estimated completion time of this course is 2.5 hours.
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test
Training Course Videos Only, $59 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center.
- Knowledge Checks
This accredited category management training course for retailers and manufacturers qualifies for for the Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA), Certified Professional Category Manager (CPCM), and Certified Professional Strategic Advisor (CPSA) training requirements.