Foundational / CPCA Category Management Training Program
This comprehensive set of foundational courses is designed to give a solid grounding in the category management process, basic assessment and the category tactics. Upon finishing this program, you will have completed 10 of 10 learning requirements for the designation of Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA) designation with the Category Management Association (CMA). Download our Certification FAQs PDF for more information.
Who should take this course? Anyone who is looking for a basic understanding of Category Management - including the process and how it works - and/or who is looking to achieve CMA designation at the CPCA level.
Time Required: Approximately 35 - 40 hours to complete.
- Category Management Overview
- Retailer Strategy
- Category Definition & Segmentation
- Category Roles
- Category Strategies
- Understanding and Using Data
- Category Tactics and Analytics
- Completing a Category Assessment
- Category Management on Limited Data
- Develop and Implement a Category Plan
- Building PowerPoint and Presentation Skills
- Building Excel Skills
Cost: $ 1099.00 (does not include the cost of accreditation with the CMA)
Cost Includes: Downloadable Resource Guide, Downloadable Workshops, Individual Course Testing, email Support; 1 year access.
*CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center includes many resources you can use in your day to day role: a Resource Library with whitepapers, articles, tips and tricks, e-books and more; a dynamic Industry Glossary with >300 terms, each with a definition, formulas and links to other related descriptions; and 6 Student Webinars per year in topics suggested / chosen by students.
* There is an optional Case Study to enhance your learning experience that can be purchased for an additional $200 USD