Category Management Overview
Category management is the retailer/supplier process of managing categories as strategic business units, producing enhanced business results by focusing on delivering consumer value. Category management provides strategic businesses approaches and analytics that benefit sales, marketing and category management professionals to understand. If participants are working in a category management environment, they need to understand the whole process, from a big picture perspective.
- Define category management and explain its importance for both retailers & suppliers;
- List the different perspectives to consider in category management;
- State the key steps in the category management process;
- Explain why retailer strategy is an important piece of category management for both retailers and suppliers to understand; and
- List the key components of each step in the category management process.
Approximately 1.5 hours course time
Training Course Package, $99
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test