Participants learn how retailers can take category roles one step further, by assigning strategies to each category. These strategies help the retailer to define the purpose of each category in the store, beyond the category role. The strategies consider how the consumer shops, the image of the retailer, and the competitive nature of the categories. Participants will understand how these category strategies dictate more detail surrounding the tactics that relate to each category.
- Explain how category strategies fit into the category plan, and the importance of developing category strategies;
- Describe which category strategies work most effectively with each category role; and
- Give examples of category strategies and some of the tactics that they focus on.
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test