Understanding and Using Data
This course gives participants a solid foundation of important things to consider when using data, including properly citing references; using proper analytic techniques; only presenting relevant data, etc. It includes an 8-step analytic process that helps to plan out an analytic project before completing an analysis project, to save time and effort, and have a more successful outcome. Provides an overview of the different types of standard data (including retail POS, retail measurement data, consumer panel data and “other” data. There is emphasis on how all data sources are collected. Within each data source, the strengths & watch outs are identified, along with some basic measures available from the data source.
- List the data dimensions required to properly reference data;
- Describe some considerations how category strategies fit into the category plan;
- Understand the importance that category strategies are to achieve the overall category goals and objectives;
- List and describe some common category strategies;
- List the standard category management data sources and their basic measures;
- Describe the best data sources to address different business issues; and
- Explain some key questions you can address with each of the standard data sources.
The estimated completion time of this course is 2 hours.
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test
Training Course Videos Only, $59 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center.
- Knowledge Checks
This accredited category management training course for retailers and manufacturers qualifies for for the Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA), Certified Professional Category Manager (CPCM), and Certified Professional Strategic Advisor (CPSA) training requirements.