Foundational / CPCA Category Management Training Program
If you’re interested in category management certification, this program meets 10 of 10 learning requirements for the designation of Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA) designation with the CMA.
Who should take this course? Individuals looking for a basic understanding of Category Management - including the process and how it works - and/or who are looking to achieve CMA designation at the CPCA level.
- Category Management Overview
- Retailer Strategy
- Category Definition & Segmentation
- Category Roles
- Category Strategies
- Understanding and Using Data
- Category Tactics and Analytics
- Completing a Category Assessment
- Category Management on Limited Data
- Develop and Implement a Category Plan
- Building PowerPoint and Presentation Skills
- Building Excel Skills
- Approximately 30-35 hours to complete
- Prerequisites: none
- 365-day Access to CMKG’s Online Training and Resource Center, including individual course Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Course Tests. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible.
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)
Includes: Downloadable Resource Guide, Downloadable Workshops, Individual Course Testing, email Support; 1-year access. Cost does not include fees associated with certification from the Category Management Association (CMA)
There is an optional Case Study to enhance your learning experience that can be purchased for an additional price.
CMKG’s Online Training and Resource Center includes many resources you can use in your day to day role: a Resource Library with whitepapers, articles, tips and tricks, e-books and more; a dynamic Industry Glossary with >300 terms, each with a definition, formulas and links to other related descriptions; and 6 Student Webinars per year in topics suggested / chosen by students.