Category Definition & Segmentation
Participants learn to define a category from the shopper’s point of view and understand how category definition affects how the category is merchandised, priced, and promoted. Once the category is defined, it needs to be segmented based on a consumer decision tree. This sets up the category for effective analysis based on how the shopper shops the category. Key steps and varying methods are explored in completing these steps of the Category Management process.
- Explain why defining and segmenting the categories is a key step in the "Retailer Strategy" piece of category management;
- Give examples of ways that a category can be defined based on different retailer strategies; and
- Identify the steps to properly segment a category.
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $99
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test