Understanding and Using Data
This course gives participants a solid foundation of considerations when using data, including properly citing references, using proper analytic techniques, only presenting relevant data, etc. It includes an 8-step analytic process that helps to plan out an analytic project before completing an analysis project, to save time and effort, and have a more successful outcome, as well as provides an overview of the different types of standard data (including retail POS, retail measurement data, consumer panel data and “other” data. There is emphasis on how all data sources are collected. Within each data source, the strengths & watch outs are identified, along with some basic measures available from the data source.
- List the data dimensions required to properly reference data;
- Describe some considerations how category strategies fit into the category plan;
- List and describe some common category strategies;
- List the standard category management data sources and their basic measures;
- Describe the best data sources to address different business issues; and
- Explain some key questions you can address with each of the standard data sources.
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $79 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test