Building Data Competency: POS Data
Learners get an in-depth look at retail POS data, including retailer and third-party scanned sales data, and learn how the data is derived and understand key measures and definitions that relate to POS data. Trends, out of stocks, sales and profitability, distribution and shopper insights will be reviewed in retail POS data, so that participants learn how to maximize its potential. This includes calculations like Calculate shelf capacity, comp stores, gross margin, markup, initial markup, markdown, and margin.
- Define retail POS data and explain the different sources of this data;
- Calculate shelf capacity, comp stores, gross margin, markup, initial markup, markdown, margin;
- Describe the uses and watch outs for POS Data;
- Explain how POS data can be used for shopper insights; and
- Leverage POS data to identify and explore business opportunities.
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $79 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center
- Desktop, Laptop, and Mobile Device compatible
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test
CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center includes many resources you can use in your day to day work: a Resource Library with whitepapers, articles, tips and tricks and more, as well as a dynamic Industry Glossary with >1300 terms, each with a definition, and formulas and links to other related descriptions.