This course gives an understanding of the importance of the category roles based on the purpose of the category for a specific retailer. Participants learn how assigning a category role to each category allows retailers to strategically lay out their stores and help with tactical decision making through pricing, promotion, placement and product availability.
- Explain how "category roles" fit into the category management process;
- Describe how category roles help with effective store layout, based on how the consumer shops;
- Identify the different category roles, and describe each role; and
- Give insights into how the category roles influence the "4 P's" (promotion, pricing, product availability, placement/shelving)
Approximately 2 hours course time
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test