Measuring Category Health (Baseline & Incremental Drivers)
Participants learn how course time a category health assessment, including an exploration of internal and external influences. An in-depth understanding of baseline and incremental sales volume, drivers and measures are included in this assessment. Participants acquire the ability to address important questions that relate to a category’s health, including those associated with the consumer, trends, the economy, competition, and tactics associated with winning segments and brands. A SWOT analysis introduced as means to captures the most important strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the category as the health assessment is completed. Calculations include seasonality index, quadrant analysis, baseline sales and incremental sales measures, tactics % change results, temporary price reduction, and shopper measures.
- Complete a category health assessment;
- Complete a multi-dimension SWOT analysis;
- Understand baseline vs. incremental volume and the key drivers;
- Calculate different measures that relate to a category health assessment; and
- Relate category results back to category and retailer strategy for assessment.
Approximately 4 hours course time
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test