Measuring Category Health (Baseline & Incremental Drivers)
Participants learn how to complete a category health assessment, including an exploration of internal and external influences. An in-depth understanding of baseline and incremental sales volume, drivers and measures are included in this assessment. Participants will acquire the to address important questions that relate to a category’s health, including those associated with the consumer, trends, the economy, competition and tactics associated with winning segments and brands. A SWOT analysis introduced as means to captures the most important strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the category as the health assessment is completed. Calculations include seasonality index, quadrant analysis, baseline sales and incremental sales measures, tactics % change results, temporary price reduction, and shopper measures.
- Complete a category health assessment;
- Complete a multi-dimension SWOT analysis;
- Understand baseline vs. incremental volume and the key drivers;
- Calculate different measures that relate to a category health assessment; and
- Relate category results back to category and retailer strategy for assessment.
The estimated completion time of this course is 4 hours.
Training Course Package, $125 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Device compatible.
- Hands-On Workshops
- Downloadable Notes & Reference Guide
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Test
Training Course Videos Only, $59 USD
- 30-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center.
- Knowledge Checks
This accredited category management training course for retailers and manufacturers qualifies for for the Certified Professional Category Analyst (CPCA), Certified Professional Category Manager (CPCM), and Certified Professional Strategic Advisor (CPSA) training requirements.