Marketing Category Management Training Program: Brand Health Assessment
This category management marketing program teaches professionals in Marketing and Brand teams how to evaluate how a brand is performing within the broader category for better insights and opportunity identification.
As part of a marketing or brand team (including retail private label and store brands), you should look beyond analyzing brand only results to compare to the total category results. This will uncover new ways of looking at your business with a bigger picture perspective.
Your program starts by teaching you about retail scanned sales data,and household panel data, two primary data sources required to do category management work. Once you've completed these courses, it’s time to complete a category health assessment (or brand health assessment) , including an exploration of internal and external influences. An in‐depth understanding of baseline and incremental sales volume, drivers and measures are included in this assessment. Finally, you'll complete the program with a course on advanced analytics (relativity), which brings together skill areas and competencies in pricing, promotion and efficient assortment techniques.
- Building Data Competency: POS Data
- Building Data Competency: Panel Data
- Measuring Category Health
- Advanced Analytics: Relativity
- Time Required: Approximately 10 hours
- Prerequisites: "Marketing Training Program: Brand Health Overview" or previous experience in completing category assessments with basic data
- 365-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center, including individual course Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Course Tests. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible.
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)