Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 2
This accredited program builds proficiency in the category management process at a deep level, including category definition, roles, strategies, and implementation of the plan.
By moving into more depth about the category management process, you will learn to effectively set up your categories for success through these more detailed foundations in category management.
If you are looking for an introduction to this topic, you might consider completing Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 1 training program.
In Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 2, you’ll:
- Learn how retailers define categories and the importance of using consumer decision trees to properly segment the category
- Understand the importance of assigning category roles, including how to assign tactics to different roles
- Learn how to assign category strategies and how to develop a category plan
- Apply your learning to develop a category plan in a hands-on workshop
- Learn how to implement the plan in retail stores as well as to anticipate obstacles that inhibit the success of the category plan
- Category Definition and Segmentation
- Category Roles
- Category Strategies
- Develop and Implement the Category Plan
- Approximately 6 hours to complete
- Prerequisite: Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 1(or experience and understanding of category management process and strategy)
- 90-day Access via CMKG’s Online Training and Resource Center
- Includes individual courses’ Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Tests.
- Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible.
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)