Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 1
This accredited program develops proficiency in the foundations of category management, including the process and strategy, from a retailer perspective.
Understanding the foundations of category management is critical to anyone who touches retail. Without the big picture perspective, it’s difficult to understand the role that you play within it and how to create the best solutions.
Once you’ve completed this program you may want to consider Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 2.
In Understanding Retailer Strategy and Category Management 1, you’ll:
- Begin with understanding the category management process, including details about each step, and how not all category management is the same
- Be introduced to a category management continuum to help you understand where you, your categories, and your retailers or manufacturers are within the continuum
- Focus on the overarching strategies that retailers should incorporate into their category management foundations
- Articulate your internal retail strategies or those of one of your retail customers, identifying areas where there may be gaps in strategy or in your understanding that you should further investigate
- Category Management Overview
- Retailer Strategy
- Retailer Strategy in the Convenience Channel
- Approximately 5 hours to complete
- No Prerequisites
- 90-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center
- Includes individual courses’ Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Course Tests
- Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)