CPG / FMCG Fundamental Sales Training Program
This online sales training program is for Key Account Managers or sales people who want to build their skills in fact-based selling, and presentation development with considerations for their retail customers and their needs.
- The category management process;
- Consideration for each retailer's unique strategies; and
- Introduction to basic category management data sources and analytics.
The program starts with a detailed overview of category management and the role that suppliers and retailers play in the process. It's important to understand this so that you can start thinking of things from your customer's perspective. Next, you will learn about part of a retailer’s strategy in detail, with an opportunity to define your retailer’s overall strategies in a hands-on workshop. Once you've got this strategic perspective about the retailer, you'll learn how to complete a category assessment, which is where many sales opportunities can arise. This is followed by a course on the category tactics, which are the drivers of sales and profit - including some of basic measures and analytics. Finally, you will learn the fundamentals of effective presentations, including a course that teaches you how to create a PowerPoint presentation that looks good and has logic and flow, and a final course that focuses on Fact-Based Selling, with the opportunity for you to tie in their learnings from all of the other courses in this program into a compelling, fact-based presentation.
- Category Management Overview
- Retailer Strategy
- Understanding and Using Data
- Category Assessment
- Category Tactics and Analytics
- Building PowerPoint and Presentation Skills
- Fact Based Selling
- Approximately 15 hours to complete
- No prerequisites
- 365-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center, including individual course Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Course Tests. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible.
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)