CPG / FMCG Strategic Selling Training Program
This online sales training program is for Account Managers / Business Development Managers with 5 years of experience, or who have a solid foundation of strategic selling and data/analytic training. This program will elevate your approach to selling to a consultative level.
When working with Tier 1 and 2 retailers, you want to build skills to the highest level of collaborative selling by expanding your knowledge to the shelf, shopper, and product supply chain, which will result in a holistic and strategic sales approach.
This program will arm you with a bigger picture perspective, including strategic considerations that are traditionally outside of sales and more basic retail understanding. You'll learn important considerations of for how your recommendations can impact retailers in ways you may not think about.
You will start the program with a course on measuring category health, with specific attention to understanding baseline and incremental sales drivers - a critical perspective for any seasoned sales person to understand! This is followed by an efficient assortment course, where you learn deeper considerations for assortment strategies, including the steps to manually complete efficient assortment (these analytics are invaluable for anyone who is making new product recommendations at retail). Once these skills are learned, you'll complete courses to build your understanding in areas like strategic shelf management, the shopper (including what shopper marketing is and how it works), retailer economics (including cost of goods sold and retail math), and the product supply chain. Once these courses have been completed, the “Collaborative Business Planning” course will help you to understand how all of your new knowledge can be applied to develop effective joint business plans with retailers.
- Retailer Strategy
- Measuring Category Health (Baseline & Incremental Drivers)
- Efficient Assortment: A Step-by-Step Process
- Leveraging Data for Advanced Shelving Solutions
- Understanding and Marketing to Your Shopper
- Retailer Economics and the Product Supply Chain
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Collaborative Business Planning.
- Approximately 15 hours to complete
- Prerequisites: "CPG/FMCG Key Account Intermediate Sales Training Program" is recommended (or some solid experience in data and data analysis)
- 365-day Access via CMKG's Online Training and Resource Center, including individual course Hands-On Workshops, Downloadable Notes & Reference Guides, Knowledge Checks, and Course Tests. Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Devices compatible.
- Ongoing student support (Email, Live Chat)